Preparing and drinking tea is a great way to clear your mind and prepare for the day ahead. Consider this the Tea Ceremony for the Modern Teaist.
Create Your Own Tea Ritual With These 10 Easy Steps:
1. Clear your working area. A clean start is important to clear your head.
2. Lay out your Tea Tools & Tea in front of you so everything can be seen. Having everything at your fingertips lets you relax and enjoy your tea at your own pace.
3. Heat your water to the desired temperature. Proper water temperature is one of the most, if not the most important parts of brewing great tea. Learning to estimate your water temperature if you don't have a temperature controlled kettle is easy. Follow our guide.
4. As the water heats, run through your goals for the rest of the day. Use this time to organize your thoughts so you can set that aside in a moment.
5. Pour your water onto the tea leaves. Pour deliberately and slowly, thinking only about evenly distributing the water onto the leaves. Let your mind think only of this.
6. Steep your tea for the desired time. Admire the changing color of the water, and how the leaves begin to unfurl.
7. Note the aroma of the freshly brewed tea. Notice how the smell fills your senses, and the room. Do this before sipping it.
8. Sip your tea. Allow your mind to only focused on the drink at hand, at least for the first few sips. Try to pick out a familiar taste, and possibly a hint of a flavor you haven't noticed before.
9. Your day's tasks, now clearly defined from earlier, are ready to be tackled with a calm, clear mind. Go ahead, jot down that solution you couldn't figure out before.
10. Come back to tea whenever you feel you need an escape.